"Once in a while, right in the middle of ordinary life, Love gives you a fairy tale." - unkown

Monday, June 7, 2010

Still Catching Up..Turkey/Graduation/Memorial Day weekend

A few weeks ago for sunday dinner I decided to make a turkey breast. I had never made any sort of turkey before so I was pretty nervous that I was going to burn it or something like that. But I was happy when It turned out just perfect. We had Frank, Kathy, Tyler and Ali over to help us eat the whole thing. I was pretty proud of my self, I am not much of a cooker but I am learning. Jeff insisted to take a picture to remember the day. I should have got more but by the time I had cooked potatoes, green beans, and rolls pictures was the last thing on my mind. But hey we at least have one!

Then to Start off our memorial day weekend My Cute little brother Alec Graduated from Mountain View High School. He is Number six in our family to do so. I am so proud of him! Congrats Alec I love ya!
Every one in our family is getting so old! But we do have a lot of fun when we all get together.

After Graduation Jeff and I went right up to the cabin. We have a lot fun there. But it was sure cold this year. So we just hung out, I did a few puzzles, went fishing and ate good food. On saturday we all went for a walk down to the lake. On our way there Jeff was teaching McKailey how the throw a frisbee. By the end of walk she got pretty good at it. Here are few pics at the lake!

Later that night the girls were watching Anne of Green gables. You can imagine how thrilled the boys were about it, so they went upstairs to play the wii. The best part of the story was Jeff was giving McKailey a hard time about staying downstairs with the girls and said the boys were going to have a party upstairs with popcorn, soda and candy. Well... Jeff had to eat his words when McKailey took him seriously. She was so cute, she got them all a soda, and a cup, popped popcorn and then got some candy and they had their own little party upstairs.

So the weekend was a success! We always have fun with our families and are so grateful to have each and everyone of them!

3 comments:

Kimberly Sheffer said...

Wow it sounds like you are a busy little bee!

The Allen Family said...

That party was so funny! Gotta be careful what you say to a 5 year old:) I need to get those pictures from you, I of course didn't have my camera.

The Walkers said...

Love seeing what you're up to :) And you should post pictures of your house! I want to see it!