"Once in a while, right in the middle of ordinary life, Love gives you a fairy tale." - unkown

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

5k In St George

So this last weekend we went to St. George so I could run my first race. I was pretty excited and little nervous. My Goal was to not stop and have to walk and also to run in about 30 min or so. When I was training I was running about 10 to 11 minutes a mile so I figured that was a pretty reasonable goal. So we drove down on Friday to St. George and then went and got our T-Shirts, numbers and chip(this is so they know what time you started and ended). Then as a tradition, we had to go Carb load ha ha. Not that we really needed it for a 5k but it was in the spirit of things. We to Brick oven and had their awesome pasta bar. Then according to my dad, we need to pin our numbers on our shirts the night before, so after dinner that is what we did. The next morning we got up about 8 got ready then, to the race we went.
All in all in my experience I had good parts and bad parts. The good parts were that I finished with out stopping and my time we 31:31. Yay! The bad part was that I got the worst side ache after mile 2 and I could not get it to go away. I felt like I was going to die! This was probably due to the fact that the first mile and a half I was running 8.5 min a mile, and like I said before i I was training at about 10 to 11 min a mile. But being the competitive, suborn person I am I was not going to let my side ache stop me. So needless to say I was about to pass out once I passed that finish line. But it did feel awesome after I could breath again ha ha. I am so grateful I had my dad there with me while I ran and to my husband, mom and sister Kirsten there cheering us on at the finish line. I did finished 11th place in my age group and 243 in the whole race of about 500 hundred, so not too bad for my first race. It was a lot of fun and I look forward to my next race in july.
Here are a few pictures from this weekend...



Me and my dad before the race

Me and my Dad after the race.. as you see i am about to pass out ha ha. But I finished!
My uncle Kenny was running the half marathon so we watched him finish when we were done! Good job kenny!

These were some of my dad's friends that ran the half, but because my dad is awesome he ran with me instead.
Britney lives in St. George so we hung out while we were down there and played some fun games with her and her really funny roommates.
Thanks babe for coming down and supporting me! I love you lots!
These were the shirts that we got for running the race. We didn't wear those because if you wore your it meant you were a rookie and I did not want people to think that. So we had to take our Victory shirts picture.
Thanks mom and Dad for all the fun!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Kimberlyn-
Thanks for leaving that sweet comment on my blog. It was great to hear from you! Congratulations on your 5K! How fun to be able to do it with your dad. I'll be looking at your blog more now that you're updating it! :) haha.
Thanks again!

The Walkers said...

Looks like fun! Good job for running the entire time even though you had a side ache (those can be terrible!). I'm happy you are updating your blog again :) Its so fun to see what you're up to.